The EPISTLE


THE EPISTLE

This is late Ezechukwu Nwainawo (Boyi).

The man that have guided us with stories about reality,although some were fictitious. But during those days I was so tender, I couldn't pay much attention. I could reminisce how we sat and how he was verbally passing the tales but unfortunately for me I wasn't that meticulous and scrupulous. Cos I never knew posterity will take me to kitchen of Literature where we cook, concoct and calligraphically inscript pot-pouris of words with the view to coming up with rhythm and rythme at its finest.

I have many a time wished to flashback and grab the clue but when I go for a recall nothing could be retrieved.
Ezechukwu Nwainawo was one of the extinct settlers in umuofiagu cum ibule as annals may have it,perhaps not earliest cos few had abode there before him, after the Nigeria civil war after 1970's, He had lived prominently. He wasn't a pagan but was a traditionalist or traditional believer who kept propitiating and beseeching his gods as at when due.
Anthropologically, African man is posited to be polygamous in nature but I was dumbfounded that he conversely and contrarily maintained otherwise, owing totally to how it was rampant in their days.

A man that had always maintained what was just, there was no record of miscarriage of justice under his jurisdiction in traditional settings.
He is the man to have assisted me in Archaeology of Ukehe but the knowledge died with him.

That is the practical example of what Prof. Uchenna Anyanwu of History and international studies, University of Nigeria. Nsukka. Means, when he says that; " Worst writing is better than best memory.
So many things that could have been used to reconstruct the past died with him.

Pa, Ezechukwu. If you had been poor in your past life, I would have asked you to be rich when you come again .but you were rich.
If you had been a coward, I would have asked you to bring courage. But you were fearless and never trepidated.
If you had died young, I would have asked you to get life. But you lived long. So I shall ask you to come again the way you came before.

© Ezeh Kingsley Nnamdi (Ezedu-Ukehe) to his extinct grandfather. 

✍ Literatus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Supposed St. Pa Louis Eloke

Ethnography of Ovoko 2021 by Literatus

Leadership